So here is my not so little list and hopefully things will start to get checked off soon!
1. Our first project is finishing up my little guys room! We sold his crib and dresser (shed a tear!) right before the holidays and he's been sleeping on our guest bed that we dragged upstairs since then! We have finally come to an agreement on his furniture so once it comes in I can finish putting his room together! It will be a nice birthday present for him :)
2. Master bedroom (this room is UGLY!) Ok well not too bad but it has hideous molding and two tone paint. Repaint, new bedding, frame out windows, increase baseboard size, add two mirrors over bathroom sink, paint closet, possible stencil a focal wall.
3. Kids bathroom-board and batten or beadboard (I can't decide!!) I love this board and batten by Thrifty Decor Chick!
4. Our playroom is a sad pit of brown. It really needs to be brightened up and once again I'm leaning towards board and batten. We may have an issue with the archway that leads into the room but we are going to figure that out. I'm going to install a gallery wall once we get a tv for the room and I found the most glorious fabric for some window mistreatments!! If we don't go with BB I may paint the espresso brown cabinets from PBK white. So many decisions!
5. Our office/guestroom needs a ceiling fan. Living in AZ ceiling fans are a must although the room doesn't get any direct sun. I am still crossing my fingers that I can get a cute chandy for the room! Also going to add crown molding and some kind of window treatment (TBD).
6. Another sad, sad area is out patio! Filled with Fisher Price toys at the moment the concrete needs to be restained (thanks to a craft paint mishap from a friends daughter-you know who you are:) ) and FURNITURE! Hoping one day our purple plum tree will grow if it isn't dead!
7. Paint the garage. The hubs doesn't understand why I want this done but it has soccer ball marks all over the flat white paint! Thanks previous homeowners! Plus adding cabinets or shelves.
8. The BIG project. The kitchen is going to off white distressed cabients! Yes! Dark wood floors, black appliances, dark granite and dark wood cabinets can make it feel like a cave! Sadly no matter how much I beg my hubby to try and tackle the project he says no-he'd rather pay someone! Ok fine!! As long as it gets done! Here is a photo of the kitchen that started our white kitchen obsession.
9. Repaint the entry way (almost 20 foot ceilings!) and make the base boards through out the house bigger!
10. Add wood trim to frame out all the windows in the house!
I can't wait to get started on all my home projects. I'm sure my husband will be running the other way every weekend since he hates home improvement projects! This list will give me enough to keep me busy until the beginning of 2014!